Saturday 5 February 2011

Pendrell Homage-muslin

So I took my paper pattern and cut out a muslin. Despite what I said last time, I do appear to have too much fabric round my waist after the FBA. As I predicted based on the Christmas Dress, I again have too much gape at the neckline and it needs a few darts. Other than that it looks pretty good.


The back join however is a bit of a mess. I tacked in where the buttons would go (based on a first guess) and whilst the top is fine the small of my back area is terribly gapey and distorts the whole back of the top. Rats. I'm not sure whether to move a button to this area, or add some snaps in between the buttons.. I would just sew it up and use the buttons as a fake, but its just the problem area that really needs to be able to be opened to get it over my head. I shall have to give it some thought.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like the fabric is telling you, you need to take a horizontal tuck out of the pattern, to get rid of the excess fabric in the lower back. I have the same (Sway back) issue.
    Px

    ReplyDelete