Wednesday 9 February 2011

Progress on Wildflowers skirt

Well I sized up my pattern and cut into my Amy Butler fabric whist watching TV after work. All went quite well really, apart from me having a little mental blip about wearing ease etc. The pattern doesn't have the instructions, and while they really aren't needed as it such a simple pattern, that didn't stop me confusing myself as how the waistband is meant to attach! Also oddly there seems to be an additional strange triangular piece for the longest skirt that I really cant account for-luckily not needed for my skirt!

Here are my pieces. As you can see if have made the classic big print error of lining up a flower right in the middle, but luckily the other piece is not the same so that can be the front!

I'm pretty pleased with how the print has worked out, I was worried it might be too big, but I think it's going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment