Wednesday 16 February 2011

I am finishing stuff-honest!

I seem to have a problem finishing things. But I have been trying this week to overcome this urge and finish things off. Due to the terrible light condition's of late, I have been waiting for photographs for daylight! Never the less, the Wildflower skirt is done and the Glee dress is pretty much finished.


Look! It exists! It also looks far more shapely on me!
Just been over at the Colette Patterns forum and one of the lovely members called Ladykatza posted this quote as her signature If you are afraid to make a mistake, afraid to ruin some fabric, or afraid to waste some time, you won’t ever get really good at this craft. It’s the dues you pay for becoming proficient. - Kenneth D King.
I don't think I've ever heard anything more true, or that I find harder to live by! I am always afraid that I am not good enough to do things justice and hence don't dare get to the point where I find out. But I will try to get better!


Also, Colette have made up some gorgeous versions of the wrap dress Crepe, and one of them is pretty much exactly the dress I always wanted as a child! (not sure my tastes have changed that much really!)



1 comment:

  1. I think i have that finishing problem too...there are so many lovely new things i want to sew :)

    ReplyDelete