Friday 4 March 2011

Ridiculous things I have made in the past -part 3

I have handed in my essay! yay! so am now free again. Just thought I would include in this series my first upholstery project, which(again) is a ridiculous architecture thing. In a project where I was exploring "boundary" and mapping different elements of Cadiz together to make a "zone of boundary" rather than just a line, I made this bizarre upholstered thing. There is wood and bent wire inside it, and it was over an metre long. I pinched out all the seams and then sewed them on a machine I borrowed from my friend Dave. Frankly I quite enjoyed it, but it was quite difficult! It was also quite fragile by the time it was done, so by the time I took this picture it was starting to fall apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment