Wednesday 2 March 2011

Ridiculous things I have made in the past -part 2

Well, continuing the lack of sewing due to learning about international debates on climate change, here is some more high concept (or silly, depending on your view!) designing from my architecture course. For my final project I designed a series of houses/shops for small businesses (ok that's the first time I have ever described it so prosaically!) based along a unlikely shopping street pushed through a half abandoned and demolished area of Cadiz in Spain. My favourite of these (mainly as I really enjoyed doing the research for it!) was the house and workshop of a corset maker. The house was fitted onto a tiny thin site (and expanded over an open courtyard behind at a higher level and was anchored through the centre by long metal supports that acted as stair supports and also a wardrobe for all the corsets!


No comments:

Post a Comment