Wednesday 3 November 2010

Hmmm, where to start...

Well I guess I have to start somewhere, I should say that whilst I have a reasonable working knowledge of sewing, mainly from watching my mum, I haven't actually managed to make much so far. Hence this blog, which will hopefully motivate me to start (and more importantly finish!) projects.

So far my main achievement has been a silky dressing gown (which I wear all the time). I cut it off a pair of pajamas, which meant that the neckline is really odd at the shoulders but luckily this is not that obvious when I'm wearing it.

(sorry about the lack of my head, I seem to be chronically incapable of looking half reasonable in photographs!)

Its main flaw is the belt, which slips terribly, I'm not really sure how to fix this. Plus I didn't clip my seam allowances, so the seams are all really heavy. Still you live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment